Having spent much of his career openly battling officialdom, controversial ex-runner John Steffensen has joined the board of Athletics Australia.Steffensens relationship with AA reached its lowest point at the 2012 London Olympics, when he missed selection for the individual 400m and accused the governing body of racial discrimination.He also labelled then AA chief executive Dallas OBrien a liar. Steffensen was later banned for six months for bringing the sport into disrepute, the second suspension of his career.But AA president Mark Arbib - who replaced David Grace last year - has brought the Athens Olympics 4x400m relay silver medallist and 2006 Commonwealth Games individual 400m champion back into the fold.Steffensens close relationships with leading Caribbean and US sprinters are highly valued by AA, who will launch a new TV-friendly summer athletics series next year.Athletics means a great deal to me, its the same pressure as running, you have to deliver, said the 33-year-old Steffensen.I look forward to joining a team that is working so hard to get the sport to the forefront of Australian sport.Steffensen replaces former 50km walk world record holder Nathan Deakes on the AA board.Arbib said he was delighted by Steffensens appointment.He has been a passionate contributor to the sport of athletics for many years and has inspired many, Arbib said in a statement.His appointment to the board is a game changer for Australian athletics. Authentic Custom Packers Jersey . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. Cheap Custom Packers Jersey . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. http://www.custompackersjersey.com/ .Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. Custom Packers Jerseys . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Rashan Gary Jersey Large . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. Gloucester have announced fly-half Billy Burns has signed a contract extension with the Aviva Premiership club.Burns current deal was due to expire at the end of this season, and he has now agreed fresh terms.Burns, younger brother of Leicesters England international No.10 Freddie Burns, started the first five games of Gloucesters Premiership campaign this term.Gloucester rugby director David Humphreys said: Billy has all of the attributes that we are looking for in a fly-half, and he is growing with every opportunity that he is given.He has been developing his own game and reputation as a player in a high-pressured position, and we are very pleased with his progress.Meanwhile, Glasgow have added Australian Ratu Tagive to their Scotstoun squad after handing the winger a one-year deal.Tagive has switched from Down Under, where he has been playing in the Shute Shield club rugby competition for Eastern Suburbs.The winger had previously spent time with the ACT Brumbiees and gained invaluable experience as part of their Super Rugby squad.dddddddddddd.He said: There is so much to be excited about, especially seeing how well the team has started the season.My roots are in rugby league but Ive spent a year at the Brumbies learning how to play union, surrounded by Wallabies and fantastic players and Im really grateful to everyone there for everything theyve done for me.Taqele Naiyaravoro is a really good mate of mine, we were together at the Wests Tigers. He was nice enough to give me a call last week and give me a bit of advice on what to expect.He only had good things to say about his experience at Glasgow and that was really reassuring. One thing Ive noticed about watching Glasgow Warriors is their play is a lot more expansive than I anticipated, so its really exciting and I cant wait to get started. ' ' '